City Opera House
COH Seeks Marketing & Development Director
City Opera House in Traverse City is accepting applications for a Marketing & Development Director. This is a 30 hour per week position. Deadline to apply is 9/30. Full job description and link to apply available here.
Job Title: Marketing and Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
City Opera House is hiring a motivated and methodical Marketing and Development Manager
to join the team as soon as possible. The position is three quarter time, year-round, onsite with
some flexibility, and pays 50K/year. Familiarity with fundraising, marketing, and some
experience in the non-profit/performing arts world preferred. Click link for full description.
● Three quarter time (30 hours/week)
● Salary: 50K
● On-site with some flexibility
● 50% – Builds, implements, and monitors strategy for all marketing and advertising plans
for COH and all events, serving as primary point of contact for print, broadcast, and
online press across the company.
● 50% – Assists Executive Director and COH Board with planning and implementation of a
comprehensive fundraising program for City Opera House. Leads donor management
● Takes the lead on securing program ad sales, receiving and submitting production
artwork and works with graphic designers on layouts.
● Oversees social media presence for COH.
● Develops proposals, promotional brochures, appeal letters, and other supportive
materials for solicitation purposes.
● Manages the donor database and donor software and ensures donor listing in COH
Program Book and elsewhere.
● Responsible for donor development through acknowledgements, renewals, and other
● Sets up media events with artists, via phone or in person.
● Initiates grassroots marketing when necessary with assistance of volunteers.
● Works with the Executive Director and COH Board on annual funding as well as
securing corporate sponsorships, program ads, capital, endowment and grant initiatives.
● Develops and implements unique fundraising campaigns to include annual fund,
corporate sponsorships, special events appeals, capital campaign, endowments and
● Conducts research to identify potential sponsor organizations, individual donors and
● Represents COH in the community and at events.