NW MI Arts & Culture Network
Call for Artists: Paint Grand Traverse Plein Air 2022
Deadline: February 25, 2022
The Crooked Tree Arts Center in Traverse City, Michigan, seeks artists for the national plein air painting festival, Paint Grand Traverse: a plein air affair, now in its fifth year. Paint Grand Traverse is a plein air (outdoor) painting festival and competition featuring 30-40 artists from across the country. Paint Grand Traverse is presented by Crooked Tree Arts Center. Founded in 1971, CTAC is a community-based arts center serving Northern Michigan from campuses in Traverse City and Petoskey, Michigan. We offer events and classes in visual arts, dance, music, culinary arts, and more.
This opportunity is open to all U.S. residents, 18 years and older. All painting media are eligible.
Prizes and Awards
Best of show: $2,500 cash award. A total of $15,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded in a variety of categories.
- Submit 5-7 images online by February 25, 2022 via CallforEntry.org
- Entries will be scored by a panel of jurors, March 1-7.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent by March 10.
- Accepted artists must submit a signed letter of agreement, bio, and promotional images by March 31.
- Event dates: August 14-20, 2022
- Exhibition dates: August 23 – September 17, 2022
- Submit 5-7 images of recent plein air artwork, including artwork title, dimensions, medium, and date. Digital images should be cropped to show the painting only – no frame, no background.
- Artist Bio and C.V.
- Artist Statement
- Link to online portfolio (URL) (optional)
Terms and Conditions:
- The call is open to all U.S. residents, 18 years and older.
- All painting media are eligible.
- Submissions must be original works of art created by the artist submitting the work.
- Artists may submit five to seven (5-7) images.
- The Crooked Tree Arts Center galleries are sales galleries and works created during the festival must be for sale. Price is set by the artist. The Crooked Tree Arts Center will retain a 40% commission on all sales.
- A non-refundable fee of $40.00 per artist is required for entry (CTAC members $30.00). If you are a current member of Crooked Tree Arts Center, please use the coupon code: MEMBER22 to receive the member discount. CTAC Artist Guild Members can submit their work free of charge. If you do not have your Guild Membership code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about your membership status, or are interested in becoming a member, please call CTAC at (231) 347-4337.
- Submit requested application materials via CaFÉ (callforentry.org). Entries must be submitted online via CaFÉ and file formats must meet CaFÉ specifications.
- Jury will be done online.
- Notification will be delivered via email on March 10, 2022.
- Accepted artists must submit a signed letter of agreement by March 31, 2022.