Arts for All of Northern Michigan
Admin/Accounting Manager Part-time
Arts for All of Northern Michigan is hiring! Looking for a fun and rewarding place to work part-time? Do you have Quickbooks Online experience? Accounting and administrative experience? Love the arts and doing impactful work? Then please email your resume and cover letter to our Executive Director, Sue Cronover, email@example.com. This position does have a flexible/hybrid scheduling option to meet your personal needs as family is very important. Apply today!
ARTS FOR ALL OF NORTHERN MICHIGAN ADMIN/ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Executive Director
Number of Hours Worked Per Week: 10-15 Hours per Week
Work Schedule/Location Arts for All Office: 1129 Woodmere, Ste. A. Traverse City, MI
Monday-Friday; Flexible Schedule/Hybrid Remote possible
Arts for All of Northern MI is the largest accessible arts and culture organization in Northern MI, providing programs for individuals of ALL abilities throughout the year in Grand Traverse, Benzie, Kalkaska, Leelanau, and Antrim counties.
This position is designed to support the Executive Director and Board of Directors with Administrative and Bookkeeping duties.
The Employee shall perform the following tasks or duties:
● Working in partnership with the Treasurer and Executive Director, responsible for developing an annual budget. Using QuickBooks to manage the budget in partnership with the Treasurer and Executive Director.
● Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable process including the creation of checks per the organization’s by-laws, bank and credit card reconciliations.
● Attending Finance Committee meetings when requested and assisting in the preparation of requested materials. Attend monthly Board Meetings.
● Assisting in the preparation of budgets and other supporting documentation for grant applications.
Donor Management & Relations (20%)
● Manage and maintain Salesforce donor database of approximately 1200 records. Process all donations to the organization, record donations in the database, send gift acknowledgement letters to donors, design and generate reports for the Executive Director as needed.
Administrative & Clerical Support (20%)
● Provide Special Events Support
● Assist Executive Director with volunteer management.
● Attend and assist facilitating some community outreach events and programs.
● Assist with some basic marketing tasks: social media posts, art studio flyers and posters.
● Update online community calendars with upcoming events.
● Send out Press Releases to a PR email list for major events.
● General administrative support to the Executive Director
● Scheduling of meetings and programs
● Answer office phone calls
● Pickup mail from post office, copy materials, maintain office supplies.
● Proficiency in QuickBooks Online; ability to run and interpret financial reports.
● Bookkeeping experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable.
● Working knowledge of office software Microsoft Office Suite
● Understanding of Chart of Accounts, budgets and financial procedures.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Familiarity with donor software, ideally Salesforce (can train).
● Nonprofit accounting experience desirable.
• Other Duties as Assigned.