Artists of all disciplines, arts & cultural organizations, creative businesses, community builders, planners and stakeholders are invited to participate in the 4th Annual Northwest Michigan Arts and Culture Summit on Thursday, May 9, at Interlochen Center for the Arts. This is the fourth annual regional summit to strengthen relationships, share resources, learn and continue building the ten-county arts and culture network.
This year’s summit focuses on discussions, demos and breakouts with hands-on tools and strategies that can be easily used individually and collectively to advocate, promote, fundraise for and support the ecosystem that supports arts, culture, and our creative connections.
The event runs 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Interlochen’s Mallory-Towsley Center for Arts Leadership. Registration, networking and continental breakfast starts at 8:15am.
• Networking, resource sharing & one-on-one time
• Strategies, tools and opportunities to boost advocacy, funding and promotion
• Hands-on tools for community engagement, artist support & network building
• Speed Dating for Arts & Culture with Interlochen Public Radio
• Pitch! Media Coverage of Arts & Culture – Tips, tools, timelines & discussion
• “A”dvocacy / “a”dvocacy – Brand ambassadors, engagement, community leaders
• Creating Connection 2.0 – Strategies, examples & tools from Arts Midwest’s program
• No Margin, No Mission – Strategies, opportunities & ideas for increased funding
• Lightning Round of Great Ideas – Opportunities & sharing at work in NW Michigan
• Speakers (partial list):
o Alison Watson, Executive Director, Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs
o Peter Payette, Executive Director, Interlochen Public Radio
o Emily Tyra, Editor, MyNorth & Traverse Magazine
o Lynda Twiardowski, Executive Editor, Northern Express
o Ashlea Walter, Artist, Marketing Specialist and Political Strategist
o Jason Dake, Dennos Museum Center & Michigan Museums Association Board
o And more ….
Cost to attend the Summit is $15 (including continental breakfast and lunch). Registration is available online at: nwm.org/artsummit or www.nwmiarts.org.
For more information, contact Mary Gillett, Network Convener, at email@example.com or 231-883-8388.
# # #