Recent calls within the Network and in Michigan. Link for info:
- Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts, Manistee. Soul Sisters, an all female artist exhibition. 3/12–4/16. Deadline 3/5.
- Crooked Tree Arts Center. Paint Grand Traverse, 8/9-9/11. Application deadline 2/25.
- Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum, Saginaw Valley State University. 2021 Regional Biennual Juried Sculpture Exhibition, 6/10-10/2, Deadline 5/1.
- City of Dexter, 2021-2022 Dexter Art Gardens Temporary Sculpture Display. June 2021-May 2022. Due 2/26.
- Good Hart Artist Residency, Harbor Springs is accepting applications from songwriters for a 2-week residency.
- City Opera House, Traverse City, is seeking a Director of Marketing & Development, applications due 3/5.
- A private business is seeking an artist to create a sculpture of an ampersand (“&”). If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Glen Arbor Arts, Glen Arbor. Multiple calls/deadlines. Outdoor Art, Members Create, Food is Art/Art is Food.
Breaking News – Shuttered Venues 2/19 2/19 4:15pm: From Americans for the Arts: The Small Business Administration (SBA) posted a major development to its website today, confirming that lost “Earned Revenue” will be the measurement in determining which Priority Period an organization qualifies for in awarding Shuttered Venue Grants. This is welcome news to the nonprofit performing and presenting arts community because they will not be required to include their contributed revenue in the calculation to determine if they had at least a 90%, 70% or 25% revenue loss between April 2020 through December 2020, in comparison to 2019. Please also note, none of the federal CARES Act funds need to be included in the revenue calculations either. Link to this chart on the SBA Shuttered Venues Site
Culture Source Hosts Advocacy Talk 3/4
The National Assembly of State Arts Agencies commissioned a new study, “Arts & Creativity Strengthen Our Nation,” a narrative and message guide that shows advocates how to make a case for public support of the arts as a core necessity. Its recommendations originate from extensive message testing and research on the values that motivate elected officials. Culture Source in Detroit is hosting a Zoom talk with Pam Brieuz, President/CEO of NASAA on Thursday, 3/4, 12-12:30pm. Registration is free – Link Here. Study – Link Here.
| Michigan Cultural Advocacy Days, 3/11-12|
- Thursday, 3/11, 9-10:30am & training
- Friday, 3/12, zoom meetings with elected officals & legislative offices.
- Share your work and ain insight into policy-making and appropriations from those involved day-to-day
- REGISTER HERE
Streamlined CDP Surveys Many use SMU DataArts Cultural Data Profile for MCACA grants and reports. The CDP is streamlined for 2021, with features to make entry easier & help more smaller groups to participate. Link here to learn what’s new or changed, with recorded training and downloadable CDP questions. Link here if you are new to the CDP and need to get started and learn more.
| Have you visited our www.nwmiarts.net recently? |
New Tools & Recordings are available ono the Network website. Visit the Tools page for resources, recordings, templates and related tools from our colleagues in Arts & Culture.
| Most recent recordings and resource links are for the Arts Midwest 2/12 COVID Relief Webinar & the 2/2 NEA’s Grant Programs, Process & Pitch Webinar|