December Roundtable – Thursday, 12/2
Join us on Thursday for the final Network Zoom Roundtable of 2021.Open to northern Michigan artists, arts & cultural organizations and creative entrepreneurs. Join us for the Network’s monthly informal roundtable to share news, challenges, resources and opportunities on all issues impacting our regional arts and cultural community.
Any topics you want to add? Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them up at the Zoom call – This Thursday, 12/2 at 10am.
Round 2 MG Projects Open
Applications are open for Minigrant Projects taking place 3/1-9/30/2022. Deadline is 1/15/2022. Funding is very limited and is for projects only (no PODS). Info, guidelines, links are on the Network website. Drop in Zoom info and webinars are available at 10am on 12/1, 12/8, 12/15 & 1/5 or by appointment. Info, email@example.com
School Minigrants Open for Art Supplies, Equip, Busses
School minigrants are available to assist with school art supplies, arts equipment or buses for field trips. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis through April 15 or funding is depleted. Applicants must be Michigan accredited PreK-12 educational institutions, including public, non-public and private schools, home school, local and intermediate school districts, regional educational services agencies and accredited Head Start programs. Funds up to $500 for buses, up to $1,500 for supplies and equipment. Email or Web for info.
EIDL, SBA Webinar 12/1
The SBA and Public Private Strategies Institute have teamed for webinars on helping small businesses, including nonprofits grow and thrive. Next is: Resources and Relief for Your Small Business – Resource Partners on Wednesday, 12/1, 2pm:
- Learn more about COVID EIDL and how to take advantage before 12/31/2021.
- Discover tools and resources you can use to start and grow your business
- Have questions answered by SBA leadership and small business experts
- Get updates on programs and policies from the Biden-Harris Administration
- Register here
Connecting Communities & Military
Creative Forces Community Engagement Grant deadline is 12/15 for arts based community engagement projects with $10,000-50,000 awards. This is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Mid-America Arts Alliance. Grants aim to improve the health, well-being, and quality of life for military service members and veterans exposed to trauma as well as their families and caregivers through experiences of art or art making. Grants are intended to support non-clinical arts engagement programs taking place in healthcare, community, or virtual settings. Link for info/app.
Cross Promote Holiday Events
The Network added a Holiday events page to website – www.nwmiarts.net – and will also be cross promoting on social media. Members can post directly to the web through your member log-in or email information and images to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to this Google form. Share your holiday events, exhibits, markets, performances, etc. & cross promote on social media.
DEI Community Action Map
Sonder DEI, the Grand Traverse region’s Diversity Equity Inclusion Action Network is creating a DEI Community Action Map. This tool will be a free regional resource for anyone in the community to see who else is doing DEI work, who can be partnered with, and where there are gaps in community needs. Are you working on DEI or have a wish for a project? Please take this survey.
|Following are links to recent posts from the blogs and associations. Have a trending topic to share? Send a link to: email@example.com.|
- When Will Arts Attendance Return? Encouraging Signs from Three “What-If” Scenarios this Holiday Season, SMU DataArts
- You Say the Arts Don’t Matter? A 10-Year, $150 Million Venture Set Out to Prove You Wrong, Chronicles of Philanthropy, 11/30/21
- How Art is Helping Military Communities Process Trauma, Arts Midwest, 11/11/21
- Visitor Satisfaction Scores May Be Lower This Season. Here’s Why (DATA), Colleen Dillenschneider, 11/24/21
- Applying Art History to Workplace Safety: Saving Lives and Growing Revenue at the Toledo Museum of Art, American Alliance of Museums, 11/22/21
- Three Insight Tools for Increasing Audience Engagement, National Arts Marketing Project Blog, 10/29/21/