Arts for All of Northern Michigan
“Accessibility Day” Baseball Game and Fundraiser for Special Olympics + Arts for All + The Dream Team
Arts for All, The Dream Team, and Special Olympics Area 2 have joined together to bring you this very special “Accessibility Day” and baseball game!
Join us for a game of baseball with Traverse City’s own team, the Pit Spitters! Just like last year, a poster making table and supplies will be available to create a poster that you can use to cheer for the team.
Get a chance to participate in a “pre-game” of softball with members of Special Olympics, The Dream Team, and Arts for All! In celebration of Accessibility Day, people of ALL abilities are welcome to participate in this inclusive pre-game – but space is limited! (After buying a Pit Spitters game ticket, you will be contacted to confirm whether there is space for you to play in the pre-game.)
You are making a difference by supporting Arts for All, The Dream Team, and Special Olympics! $3 of each ticket sold will be donated back in equal share to our organizations to support our programming.
All ages. In this inclusive and accessible event, everyone of all abilities are welcome!
$12 per ticket.
Saturday, August 13th.
– 5:30pm: Those who buy tickets to participate in the “pre-game” match with teams from The Dream Team, Special Olympics, and Arts for All should arrive at the Stadium.
– 5:45pm: Participants in the “pre-game” follow staff out onto the field.
– 6pm: The Stadium doors open to the public.
– 6:10pm to 6:40pm: PRE-GAME softball with participants from The Dream Team, Special Olympics, and Arts for All!
– 6:40pm: Participate in a group photo on the field with The Dream Team, Special Olympics, and Arts for All.
– 6:45pm: First Pitch: Get your chance to play the first pitch by adding your name to the drawing! This is a special offer available only through this fundraiser.
– 7:05pm: Pit Spitters baseball game begins!
Turtle Creek Stadium – 333 Stadium Drive, Traverse City 49685
What to bring – things to consider:
– Dress for the weather! A spare light jacket, umbrella, sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, or light sweater are all worth considering.
– Concessions (food, drinks) are available for a fee, so you may wish to bring cash. Credit cards are also accepted.
– A seat cushion or spare towel for extra seat comfort.
– IF YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY THE PRE-GAME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS AND THE DREAM TEAM: You may wish to wear your own baseball/softball “uniform” which can be anything that shows your team spirit: Your favorite team’s colors (Go Blue!) or maybe your favorite logo (Special Olympics? Dream Team? Arts for All? Or something else?).
Transportation by bus:
Our local public bus system offers on-demand rides! More information: https://www.bata.net/maps-schedules/link-on-demand/link-on-demand.html
(For informational purposes only. We are not affiliated with BATA and we are not responsible for your arrangements with BATA or any other transportation service.)
For questions, please contact Arts for All:
– Email: email@example.com
– Office: 231-947-1278
– Website: artsforallnmi.org
– Facebook: facebook.com/ArtsForAllNMI
– Instagram: @artsforallnmi
Special Olympics Area 2: somi.org/area2
The Dream Team: dreamteamnmi.com